Thursday, June 01, 2006

C's Whistle Stop East Coast Tour

I have been traveling so much lately. Not on a train, but either in my car, or in my friends cars. Either way the summer, or pre-cursers to summer have meant Road Trips for this eastern north carolinian, and so far so good.

It started off with the trip to Preakness...that trip can be filed under "will never do again, but everyone should try it once" And once again for the record I did NOT in fact see the horse break its leg.

Then I took it back to my old digs in Charlotte. I had a lovely visit. Got to revisit some old friends, and hang out with the fam. Got to meet JJ's new beau. I even perfected a home-made mojito...and LK said they couldn't be done at home. Leave it to me to find a way! Besides the 300,00+ race fans that also decided to make a visit to Charlotte for the weekend it was a great visit. PS just in case you were wondering if you want to be a race fan you have to wear denim shorts, and oakley sunglasses....tank tops for men are also encouraged.

So this weekend I will be headed back up North to Baltimore...well just right outside of Baltimore (Columbia MD) for a party for my beau. This time I am driving and SP is navigating. Im looking forward to stopping at a WaWa and eating Chipotle.

And then I have my first real paid vacation in my adult life. I am going on vacation for one whole week to the beach! Jealous??

So thats the start of my summer...and the traveling won't stop there, I am busy planning lots of trips for the summer. So if you are going to be somewhere fabulous within driving distance for me f%$! the high gas prices this lady is hitting the road.

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want your life... i havent been out of this place in a while... sigh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home