Monday, May 22, 2006

and no i didn't see the horse break his leg

Everyone keeps asking me if I saw Barbosa (the horse that was favored to win the triple crown) break his leg on the first turn at the Preaknes...and no...I didn't see it. The only time I really saw horses were when I was waiting in line and the horses were warming up.

But not being able to see horses didn't make the Preakness bad. In fact there was much more interesting things to look at. In the infield where me and 50, 000 others stood, people were making quite the spectical of themselves. And I don't think any of them were even remotely interested in what was going on on the race-track. On a scale of 1-10 I give the whole event a 7. It had its ups, and its downs. I doubt I will ever go back, or atleast if I do I am sitting in the grand stand. But I am glad I went. It was something Ill never forget...so here for all of you who didn't go here is the top ten best and worst that Preakness had to offer...

Worst:

10. The bus that was taking us to the event broke down, and put us back almost 2 hours to arrive at the event.
9.Once we arrived we had to wait in a line for almost 2 hours.
8. Breaking up a fight between some girl who was with us, but I didn't know, and some really gross guy with a tank top on and extremely hairy arms.
7. Getting hit in the face with a big gulp...yeah I can laugh about it now, but it was annoying.
6. People throwing full beers into the packed crowd, and one hitting A square in the head.
5. Losing the people who we cam with...they had the coolers full of beer, and food.
4. Getting lost by myself, and not knowing where the hell I was.
3.Having my friend fall from atop a cooler, onto me because someone pushed him.
2. The bus breaking down again, but this time on the way home, and while we waited it became obvious to us that our bus driver was lit.
1. Having to get D and A to pull over so this girl could pull the trigger at a gas station.

Now the BEST...I saved it for last...get it?

10. Making friends in line, and them letting me have all the free beer I wanted.
9. finally getting to T, E, and G's spot and them cheering when we arrived.
8. Watching 5 girls beat up a boy
7. B and the shoe...
6. Having great guy friends who would form a barrier around the girls so they could pee.
5. Being with good friends, and pretending we still could party like we were in college.
4. Letting everyone know that "we are the pirates of ECU!"
3. Also letting everyone know that it was a "first down....PIRATES" even though we were at a horse race, and not a football game.
2. C volunteering to walk all the way over to were they were seeling t-shirts, and buy me one, and I could just sit on the cooler.
1. The bus ride home, and that mysterious gray cooler.

So if you haven't been I suggest everyone try it once. Its an experience to say the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home