Wednesday, May 17, 2006

a rant

Working in corporate America you realize very quickly that it is a mans world. And I am not suprised by this fact...I handle my own just fine thank you. However I am suprised at how some of these men act in their everyday business., and how incredibly inappropriate they can be at times.

Yesterday morning I was on a sales call. I was doing my thing giving my best sales pitch, and really hitting it off with the client. As I was leaving the man walked me out, and said as we were leaving..."I think me and you should run off to the beach today...its a nice day, and my wife would never know!" I just smiled and said..."well...unfortunatly i left my swimsuit at home." I mean yes the man had sarcasm in his voice, and no i don't think he really wanted to get in the car and go to the beach, however i still think it was a bit innapropriate. and it made me uncomfortable.

Today I was calling on a potential client (this time on the phone) and he was calling me sugar, and sweetie, and sweetheart. I really don't mind these terms...i really think it is more of a southern thing, and pretty harmless. Although as the conversation progressed he commented that I had a "sexy" voice. I really don't think its appropriate in a business situation that the word "sexy" should ever come up...

am i blowing things out of proportion?

4 Comments:

At 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's gross - no, esp. with sexy -YUCK! Even though you do have a sexy voice - hahaha!

 
At 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah. It isn't a corporate thing! It is a mans world. period.

 
At 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops from MO

 
At 12:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've always found your voice to be sexy... and i might have said the same thing.. and i am a man... the manliest of men

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home