Monday, May 15, 2006

my first horse race

This weekend I will be headed to Preakness. If you don't know Preakness is the second race in the triple crown...if you have no idea what the triple crown is its the second race after the Kentucky Derby...if you don't know what the Kentucky Derby get out of that black hole you have been living in.

So Im going to Preakness, and I couldn't be more excited. It is one of the biggest social events on the east coast...second only to Nascar, and I would assume the clientel would be a little more up my alley.

When you think of horse races big hats, and mint julips might come to mind, however i wont be wearing a hat, and my drink of choice will be Miller. I will be one of the assholes that only spent 40 dollars on there ticket to be in the infield. No seats, but you do get to bring your own cooler of beer, and snacks! We start the day at 8am...and apparently you go all day till about 8 pm. This will be a true test to see if I still have any of the drinking skills i aquired in my 5 years at ECU. No I won't be betting on any horses, but I am willing to bet that this girl will be hungover for the week to follow the race.

4 Comments:

At 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is this horse race? never heard of it but it reminds me of reggae on the lake with a cooler full of beer and no where to sit! hope you have a blast and take some pic's - a

 
At 1:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i know dats rite

 
At 7:04 AM , Blogger crice said...

a cooler full of beer doubles as a perfect place to sit amanda....didn't you learn anything at ECU???

 
At 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was too busy drinking the beer in my hand that by the time I went to sit down, I needed another one so I'd just have to get up if I was sitting on the cooler! Now that is just too much exercise when drinking - up down up down!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home