Wednesday, February 08, 2006

situation: comedy

Last night on Larry King they had the cast of Growing Pains....everyone remembers Growing Pains....you know the Seavers. Kirk Cameron, Tracey Gold, Alan Thicke, Joanna Kern, and Ben. Anyways it got me to thinking about how tv used to be when I was a kid. I think the good old fashioned sit-com is now dead. Sure there are attempts, but they fall short when compared to sit coms that once were. Now these shows come on Nick at Nite. And are considered "classics" Shows like "The Cosbys", "Cheers", "Golden Girls", "Growing Pains" "Different Strokes", "Gimme A Break", "Facts of Life" "Designing Women" TGIF...shows that I grew up on, and were watched during family time at my house. Do people still sit down and watch tv as a family, and if so what are they watching?I know its not CSI, or 24. Don't get me wrong. I think there are still some winner sit-coms on tv, Will and Grace is the only one that comes to mind, and other than that tv is consumed by reality. I am a total reality junkie, but I do miss the good old shows that had simple plots, laugh tracks, and really good characters. I watch with hope all the new shows that come on during pilot season, and nothing has yet to compare to the "classics".

3 Comments:

At 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

stfu/// (shut the f@#*K up) the best tv show ever....
mmmhmmm

the golden girls. thanks for bringing it up.

u r so right...
in so many ways...

 
At 5:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know Kirk Cameron is a crazy now?
Jody

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger crice said...

Kirk Cameron is a boy I once loved...however now he IS crazy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home