Friday, February 03, 2006

i love ice cream sandwiches...

..so Wednesday i joined a gym. I have been thinking about it for a while, but had some reservations. After what happened to me the last time I joined a gym Im sure you could understand why...well first things first....

the last time a joined a gym i hated it. It was Golds Gym in Charlotte. If you haven't ever been to a Golds gym it is a gym where all the pretty people go. People who work out everyday, people who are professional worker outers, and people who buy things called supplements at GNC....you know the type. Anyways I thought I would give it a shot. So one of the guys who worked there Mario gave me a tour, and had me sign up for a one month trial in which I paid 49.95 for. And I went...for about two weeks, and then i hated it. I just couldn't stand all those meat heads who tan in the winter eyeing me up in down in my Corona t-shirt, and ECU sweatpant cut-offs. So i gave it up. And didn't hear from Golds Gym for about 6-7 months..when apparently Golds was bought out by Peak Fitness. Peak Fitness took my contract, and since Mario had not written anything about a one month trial they assumed that i was late on about 7 months of payment. And then they charged me about 600.00 for late fees, and monthly charges...so you can see why i was a little hesitant to join another gym.

but what i joined Wednesday isn't a gym....its a "Wellness facilty". Everyone is super nice there, and there are no men, or women there whose muscle mass makes them a freak of nature. Its really just a lot of senior citizens, and i love senior citizens. So I am fitting in well with my new work out people.
And now I can enjoy this ice cream sandwich I am about to devour without remorse because I worked out this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home