Thursday, February 02, 2006

one horse towns

If you have never been to the eastern part of NC you might not know that Eastern NC is just one small town after the other. After you hit Raleigh the towns get smaller and smaller. So with my job being sales, and my territory being Eastern NC, (not including Raleigh) you can imagine that on a daily basis I travel to all these little itty bitty towns, and meet some very interesting characters along the way.
Yesterdays travels led me to Selma NC. Just to give you an idea of of what Selma is like it has 3 stoplights...and just over 5000 people. Selma is apparently the "antique mecca" of Eastern NC. And I was selling a billboard to an antique dealer there. Firstly the guy that I sold the board to is named Warren. He is never given me a last name, he just prefers to be called Mr. Warren. Thats what everyone calls him. I got to his antique store, and as I was getting out of the car Mr. Warren walked up with a wad of one hundred dollar bills in his hand, and said..."you must be Corina. Im going to head up to the bank, and make a deposit, and I will be right back." So then Mr. Warren set off up the road on foot with hundred of dollars in his fist. Now in most cities a man walking down the street with a fistful of money has either just robbed someone, or in the near future going to be robbed. But not in Selma.
So as I am leaving I need to fill up my gas tank. I stop at the gas station, and as I am pumping gas I see a crowd of people out of the corner of my eye. As the crowd gets bigger I nudge over to see what the crowd is looking at. And there I see two dogs fucking. Hmmmm. Interesting. I guess this is what people do in Selma for fun. I didn't want to watch...something told me this was a little disturbing.
Some other things that were weird about the day is that in Mr. Warrens antique store there was a whole section of mugs that looked like womens breasts. The kind you get at Myrtle Beach in a Wings store. Also in the break room/ Mr. Warrens office there were two clocks on the wall that were both broken, and someone had set each of them to read 4:20...
So Selma NC....if you are looking for antiques or are into beastiality head North on I-95. Exit 98 will get you there. But don't blink, you might miss it.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats real funny...
and real nasty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home