Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Nice work if you can get it.

When I tell people I work from my house people inevitably jump to the conclusion that I awake late, stay in my pj's till late afternoon, and watch morning and daytime tv all day. well some of that is true (when i am at home i flip on the view sometimes) but for the most part working out of your house has gotten a skewed meaning. but don't get me wrong...working where i live is awesome. and here is a top 10 of why.....

10- I don't have to talk to anyone before my morning coffee

9- My boss never catches me surfing the internet, or checking my e-mail.

8- I don't have to get ready until i want to get ready....i usually wake up and take a shower, and then do my hair. but i really don't have to worry with makeup unless i have a meeting. I mean who would I be getting dolled up for...the FedEx guy is usually the only one I see somedays.

7- I never have to worry about what to wear. No I don't lie around in my Pj's all day...I would feel gross. But in my job (unless I have a meeting) everyday is casual Friday.

6- My internet, phone, and anything related to work is all on my expense account.

5- My commute is nothing.

4- I can do my laundry at work.

3- I don't ever get in trouble for making personal phone calls.

2- I can write a blog at work, and it's almost like I am getting paid to do it.

1-After my morning coffee I can shit without anyone around, or ever having to sneak off to some remote toilet to do so...and this alone could be reason enough to work from home for me.

4 Comments:

At 12:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...and you can get it if you try"

 
At 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number one is so honest and brilliant and true!

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger crice said...

There is a lot to be said for the privacy of ones own bathroom.

 
At 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only Corndog would write #1...but it's great...

Becky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home