Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Greenville Mall...come see for yourself.

So today it was rainy and yucky...I cleaned, did laundry. All things that make for a great Saturday in. But then I got to feeling froggy, and decided to head to the mall.

I always go to the mall in Greenville with hopes that something new will have opened up, or that they have remodled, but as usual I find the same thing...an old mall that has the most random stores, and some pretty interesting characters.

I shouldn't complain. The mall here does have a Gap. A store that I have built a wardrobe on, but other than the Gap the stores in the Greenville mall leave much to be desired. There are stores like "Rainbow" and "The Body Shop" (no not the hip scent store) These stores amaze me. The clothing in there would be what you would call "club wear" Cheap Cheap Cheap is the name of the game in these stores. I think if you were to wash any of the clothes that would fall to pieces the first time even on the gentle cycle. The clothes I am speaking of are the kind that are very form fitting, and usually backless...things that would go perfect with any stripper routine. And the sizes in these particular stores only come in small, medium, and large. However no large woman should be caught dead slipping into one of these garments, but sigh...they do, and make all of us stand back in amazement at why someone would actually wear something like that.

Today the mall was hopping. I guess everyone was stir crazy in there house, or they were shopping for that white teddy bear holding a large "I love you" heart for the upcoming holiday. I wish a man would give me one of those one day....I can honestly say that it would be something I don't have. My personal favorite today was the kiosk that was set up with balloons, but not just any balloons. These balloons were larger than life, and they would customize one for you, by putting a any white teddy bear holding a heart inside. Why do people want balloons filled with teddy bears? I feel bad for the bear. It has to be hard to breathe in a balloon.

I guess over the years the Greenville mall has gotten better. When I say better I mean about 3 years ago they did away with smoking inside. When I first came to school here I couldn't believe that you could walk around the mall and smoke while flicking your ashes on the tile floor. I guess someone on the beautification committee finally came to there sense and said "people might not want to buy new merchandise, and get it home smelling like they had already worn it to the bar." Cheers to that person.

It does at times depress me that it is the only mall here worth going to. Thank God Raleigh is only an hour away.

So come for the cheap booze, and the fun times, but think twice when planning a trip to Greenville for the shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home