Thursday, August 03, 2006

this just in.

So I don't watch the Greenville news stimulate my mind, I don't even watch it to find out whats going on, to be honest I try to NEVER watch the Greenville evening news. However sometimes while channel surfing at the akward 5:30-6:30 hour where you just finished work, and just want to veg on the couch for a little bit....sometimes my remote control will happen upon the Greenville news.

That is exactly what happened yesterday, and the following is a story that was featured on the Greenville evening news, and a prime example why I don't go to this stations newcast as a source of information.

So you know its hot outside...right? We covered that a few weeks ago. But the news always thinks of really "clever" ways to prove the heat outside. Like they will put a bag of ice on the pavement, and time its departure to the liquid state, or my personal favorite when the weather person cracks an egg on the asphalt to see if it will fry...and sure enough...it does. But yesterday was something I had never seen done to test the heat. And that was getting people from the community to stick their heads in giant bowls of ice cream. Yes that is right....these people were just going about there daily business, and they decided to stick their heads into vanilla ice cream. Now I have a couple problems with this. Firstly its a waste of ice cream. They were wasting gallons and gallons, of fine, delicious, ice cream to do this ridiculos experiement. Now secondly these people were given nothing in return for them sticking their faces in giant bowls of ice cream. I mean lets face it everyone has a price, and if someone had offered me some money I may have done it. But I would never voluntarilly stick my head in ice cream....theres just some things people should not do for free. And finally and this goes back to a theme that I have stated before...but is it SOOOO hot that the only way you feel like you can cool off is to stick your head in ice cream?? Come on...think about it people. Once you are covered in ice cream not only will you be hot, but you will also be sticky. And sticky and hot, are two things I do not like to be.

So I am just going to try and stay away from the Greenville evening news. I think there are bigger issues they could be covering, but for some reason don't...or maybe this is what people find newsworthy in this town. Either way I did just get a hankering for ice cream.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well....great falls news isn't any better...esp when all the commercials are done on someone's ranch and the plays that preschoolers do are much more professional!

 
At 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't lie to these people, you love the Greenville news. Aren't you friends with Owen Conflenti?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home