Thursday, July 13, 2006

you better work.

So last night was the official premiere of Bravo's Project Runway show. And this girl was one happy tv watcher.

The first episode is always my favorite because they give them some outlandish task, and they have to use their heads and artistic creativity to create something. Last night they were told to tear up the apartments, and use whatever was in them to create a garment. In season one they were let loose in a hardward store, and give 20 dollars to create something, and last season they had to use their own clothes off their backs and reinvent them into a new creation. This first show always amazes me, because if I was let loose in my apartment, and told I had two days to create an outfit, I would most likely come out with a sheet on draped as a toga. These people have much better ideas.... well...most of them.

I also enjoy the first show because you get to see those people who think they really have these awesome visions, and the judges are like...been there done that. Like the lady with the white dress. She thought it was so revolutionary, and sheik to make a pair of underwear that you could see through the dress. If she really thought about it she would realize that we usually are trying to conceal our unmentionables...not flaunt them for the world to see. HOWEVER...I did not think she should be the one to get cut, even though she was. My vote was for the guy who made the fruit basket into a hat. Come on. That hat was ridiculos. And the funny part was that he looooved that hat. He kept adding chotzkis here and there, and it was just repugnant. Michael Kors put it best when he said that it looked like she was the drunk one at the party with a fruit basket on her head...I laughed out loud at that part. But this guy will be really good for ratings...the previews they showed of him looked pretty interesting.

I really like the architect lady, and the black guy from ATL. I think his outfit was pretty cool (he made dress out of coffee filters, and while it would suck to wear in the rain, it was pretty cute). Both of them seem like a breath of fresh air. The architecht I can tell is going to have such a classic and demure style, and the hotlantian is going to bring that hip-hop influence into his designs, and I think fashion is taking a big step into that hip-hop direction.

So I hope this season continues with great shows, just like the first. And if you aren't watching Project Runway comes on at 10pm EST...check your local listings.

3 Comments:

At 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE DON'T GET BRAVO! I checked and it's listed but we aren't subscribed - that SUCKS b/c I love that show also!

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger crice said...

i will try to keep you updated as best as i can.

 
At 2:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home