Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ernesto...55 mph and you call yourself a hurricane....puhlease.

So I am battening down the hatches, and preparing for ol' boy Ernesto to blow in....blow in...get it, because he is a hurricane.

Not but seriously..I have no idea what battening down hatches means.

But really, this whole Ernesto thing has me remembering hurricanes gone by. Because for some reason it always seemed that every year of college we would have some kind of hurricane or tropical storm. Causing us to pick up, and move to someones house, and set up shop for however long the storm ensued. At this point we would be running to Food Lion, and buying all the cases of beer our arms could hold. See in a college town its the beer that gets bought up, and the bread shelves remain stocked.

But..times, they are a changin...because instead of looking at Ernesto as the chance to miss school, or work...I am more concerned that all the rain we will get is going to put a kink in my NYC plans. And that will make me hate Ernesto, and his stupid wind and rain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home