Monday, June 26, 2006

a million times better

I just finished James Freys new book "My Friend Leonard" this weekend. Now I really really didn't like his "Million Little Pieces" and I was leary of reading his next book, but I am so glad I did. I really enjoyed it. The writing was easy to read, and gives you the sense that Frey is writing, and recounting the events right after they happened. His emotion seems so raw.

So in an effort to do some summer reading I am now looking for a new book to read...any genre is fine, just as long as it is engaging. So please don't hesitate to suggest a title or an author...I would appreciate the input, and the opportunity to read something good while lounging by the pool.

3 Comments:

At 7:37 AM , Blogger crice said...

please...please don't everyone comment at once. I guess it was my mistake in asking my friends who went to ECU and prob don't read to suggest a book/author...

 
At 7:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ok.....back off - Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger - same author that wrote The Devil Wears Prada! It's good - quick read I thought but then again...that was when I didn't have anything to do! I'm reading Good Grief right now but I can't remember the author's name!

 
At 6:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, how about a couple of books being passed on to you next weekend? But I'm sure you knew I was going to say that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home