Friday, February 24, 2006

Another one about the Olympics

Ok I just don't get the olympics. I mean I get them, but some of the events I am just so amazed by how people even got involved in them in the first place. Like the luge. Who has a local luge that they can go to and get good at that? It is a huge tunnel made of ice. I don't think I have been anywhere that had a luge track....and i have been a lot of places. And what makes someone want to be good at that. its not like basketball, where you grow up watching Michael Jordan, and can head to the park and shoot hoops. I just don't get it. And please...don't even get me started about curling.

Me and B were talking last nite as we were watching the aireal ski events...like how do people get enough balls to try that the first time? They slide down this really steep hill, (which in my opinion is scary enough) only to be met at the end by a 50 ft. ramp which sends them soaring into the air. And if that wasn't scary enough they have to land it...standing up! This one American who they call "speedy" did this thing called a "hurricane" which is apparently the most difficult thing ever attempted, its like 5 flips in the air, or something ridiculos like that...how did his coach talk him into doing that?? I can't even do a cartwheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home