Monday, November 06, 2006

Happy Holidays

I am a little ahead of myself. Usually I get excited about the holidays...ie. Christmas after Thanksgiving. But I already have the Christmas spirit, and its way to early for that.

My schedule is all off. Its because of this damn show I am directing. Day in and day out I hear Christmas songs playing through my head. It has really thrown my holiday schedule all off kilter.

But the thing is....and I am sure most will relate with me when I say this, but Christmas will be here before we know it. Seriously it will be Dec. 25th soon, and we will all be saying, "Wow..when did Christmas get here?!"

Life has a way of doing that lately. It feels as though days, and weeks, and months and even seasons go by so quickly now. Its like when you graduate from college, and then pass into the "real world" things just start flying by. My life is now spent dreading Mondays, and then Friday comes around and I am not sure where the week went. Weekends are spent catching up on things that couldn't be accomplished during the week, and then you have to do it all over again. We make it through the days looking forward to things in the future that will take us away from the mundane day to day...days off, weekend get-a-ways, and holidays with family.

I guess that could be the reason that (like a child) I am already getting excited about Christmas. Because for a long weekend I can put work to the side, and be with friends and family.
I also enjoy the food, and presents. ;)

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

and of course with christmas coming it means my bday is near. yes.

 
At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

and of course with christmas coming it means my bday is near. yes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home