Thursday, December 15, 2005

Its CORINA jackass

in my 24 years on this earth people far and wide have been getting my name wrong. there has never been a teacher that on the first day of school called me by the correct name. even though there is no T in my name people constantly call me katrina, and i never ever understood that. what is more frustrating is that my name is spelled EXACTLY how you pronounce it. I mean if anyone had a basic class in phonetics, or im sorry, just knew the english alphabet they would know how to pronounce my name. when i was little i thought crystal was such a beautiful name, and i literally would pray at nite, that when i woke up my name would be changed to crystal. i don't know what i was thinking, because now that i am older and wiser that name sucks, and has sort of a white trash conotation. so today i am talking with a client on the phone, and as she is hanging up she says "well have a great day......Leslie" now I have been called by the wrong name my whole life, but today December 15th 2005 was the first time I had ever been called Leslie.

2 Comments:

At 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen Leslie
my name is Crystal and I don't find your entry very funny. I'm sorry your parents named you Corina Jackass but don't blame me.
All my life I just wanted my name to be Silver or China but I got stuck with Crystal. Thank your lu8ky stars.
Crystal ONeill

 
At 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think crystal is a very eloquent name. How dare you use your blog to dirty up the image that comes along with a name like crystal. As for the person calling you leslie... well ive never met a leslie i didnt like...er,.... never mind.
~the red barron

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home